- In a recent discussion on Twitter, Will Manidis, the Chief Executive Office of healthcare AI platform Science, called SBF’s donations to politicians “one of the highest ROI trades of all time” because it allowed him to not go to Jail for stealing over $10 billion.
- Taking part in the discussion was Elon Musk, who alleged that SBF’s “actual support of Dem elections is probably over $1 billion.”
- Musk also asked where did that money go.
That’s just the publicly disclosed number. His actual support of Dem elections is probably over $1B. The money went somewhere, so where did it go?
— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) December 3, 2022
- SBF is known to have donated $5.2 million to Joe Biden’s 2020 presidential campaign while also donating $10 million to support Carrick Flynn – a candidate from the Democratic party for a congressional seat in Oregan, who couldn’t win the elections.
- It’s also interesting to note that SBF said back in May that he could donate $100 million to 41 billion to the upcoming 2024 US Presidential Campaign. He even called the $1 billion a ” soft ceiling.”
As for how much more than that, I don’t know. It really does depend on what happens. It’s really dependent on exactly who’s running for what. […] Yeah, I think that’s a decent think to look at, as a sort of… I would hate to say hard ceiling, but at least as sort of a soft ceiling, I would say.
- Of course, that was before FTX filed for bankruptcy.
- And while some of his donations to the Democrats were publicly disclosed, SBF admitted that he also donated to Republicans, but these haven’t been on the record.
Binance Free $100 (Exclusive): Use this link to register and receive $100 free and 10% off fees on Binance Futures first month (terms).
PrimeXBT Special Offer: Use this link to register & enter POTATO50 code to receive up to $7,000 on your deposits.